GE Grid Solutions

Unplanned Process Downtime Grid Challenge Average annual costs for a mid-size LNG Facility due to unscheduled downtime is $150M Unscheduled shutdowns cost the global process industry 5% of total production annually, equating to $20B 65% of refinery shutdowns are caused by mechanical breakdowns or electrical disruptions 70% of all energy consumption in oil refineries is associated with motor driven equipment Unplanned Outages in lost revenue for every hour offline 1.1M from motor failure can cost a refinery up to $ View Sources